Rechlicz joins Wild
The Minnesota Wild, parent club of the AHL's Iowa Wild, have signed forward Joel Rechlicz to a one-year, two-way contract.
Last season, the 27-year-old skated for the Hershey Bears, the Washington Capitals’ American Hockey League affiliate. In 25 games he scored a goal and added an assist to go along with 87 penalty minutes.
Rechlicz, a Brookfield, Wis., native, has skated in 187 AHL games with Hershey, Portland, Bridgeport and Albany, registering three goals, three assists and 886 penalty minutes. He has also appeared in 26 NHL games with the New York Islanders and Washington, racking up 105 PIM.
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions