Rechlicz signs with Coyotes
The Phoenix Coyotes, parent club of the AHL's Portland Pirates, have agreed to terms with forward Joel Rechlicz on a one-year, two-way contract.
The 6-foot-4, 235-pound Rechlicz posted one goal, one assist and 267 penalty minutes with the Hershey Bears (AHL) during the 2011-12 season, ranking second in the league in PIM. He also appeared in three NHL games with Washington.
Rechlicz has played in 26 career NHL games with the New York Islanders and Washington Capitals recording one assist and 105 penalty minutes. The 25-year-old native of Brookfield, Wis., has registered two goals, two assists and 645 penalty minutes in 122 career AHL games with Hershey, Bridgeport and Albany.
- AHL players making NHL debuts
- Penguins march on, force a Game 6
- Marlies send series back to Toronto
- AHL Morning Skate: May 18
- Crunch cruise into conference finals
- Griffins push Marlies to the brink
- Penguins stay alive with 3-1 win
- Tatar takes the lead as Griffins press on