Red Wings assign Helm to Grand Rapids
The Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday assigned center Darren Helm to the Grand Rapids Griffins for conditioning.
Helm, 26, has appeared in 249 regular-season games with Detroit since the 2007-08 season, amassing 83 points (32 goals, 51 assists) and 54 penalty minutes. The 5-foot-11, 192-pound forward has also played in 65 playoff games for the Wings, including 18 games during the team’s 2008 Stanley Cup championship run, producing 16 points (10 goals, six assists) and 18 penalty minutes.
Due to various injuries, Helm has only appeared in one game since Apr. 11, 2012.
Before joining the Red Wings, the Winnipeg, Man., native skated in 122 games with the Griffins from 2007-09, tallying 68 points (29 goals, 39 assists) and 54 penalty minutes. Helm ranks among Griffins’ all-time leaders with five shorthanded goals (T-5th) and seven unassisted goals (T-3rd). Helm’s last game as a Griffin was Apr. 11, 2009 at Peoria.
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions