Red Wings recall All-Star Nyquist
The Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday recalled right wing Gustav Nyquist from the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Nyquist, 23, leads the Griffins and ranks fourth in the AHL with 40 points (14-26-40) in 39 games. The Halmstad, Sweden, native is one of three Griffins that were named to the Western Conference All-Star Team for the 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic last week, along with defenseman Chad Billins and goaltender Petr Mrazek.
The 5-foot-11, 185-pound forward set the franchise rookie scoring record in 2011-12 with 58 points (22-36-58) in 56 games, earning a spot on the AHL All-Rookie Team.
Nyquist recorded seven points (1-6-7) in 18 games with Detroit last season.
- Wolves' Rattie named AHL Player of the Week
- A resilient nature keeps paying off for Froese
- Playoff Primer: March 30
- Hershey heads back to the playoffs
- Milano takes next step in Springfield
- Monarchs first to clinch playoff berth
- Koekkoek making big strides with Syracuse
- AHL Highlights of the Week