Rheault recalled by Panthers
The Florida Panthers announced today that the club has recalled right wing Jon Rheault from the San Antonio Rampage of the American Hockey League.
Rheault, 26, earns his first recall to Florida. He has played in 50 games for San Antonio this season and paces the team with 37 points (17 goals, 20 assists). The 5-foot-11, 200-pound forward has yet to appear in a National Hockey League regular-season game.
The Arlington, Texas, native was drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in the fifth round (145th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. Rheault was signed as a free agent by Florida on July 1, 2012.
- Ex-Bear Carrick thriving in Toronto
- Marlies hope resiliency will come in handy
- AHL Morning Skate: May 25
- Monsters roll to 3-0 series lead
- Forsberg's patience paying off
- Keefe brings winning touch to Leafs' system
- AHL time readied Murray, Vasilevskiy for spotlight
- Penguins re-sign captain Kostopoulos