Rheault recalled by Panthers
The Florida Panthers announced today that the club has recalled right wing Jon Rheault from the San Antonio Rampage of the American Hockey League.
Rheault, 26, earns his first recall to Florida. He has played in 50 games for San Antonio this season and paces the team with 37 points (17 goals, 20 assists). The 5-foot-11, 200-pound forward has yet to appear in a National Hockey League regular-season game.
The Arlington, Texas, native was drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in the fifth round (145th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. Rheault was signed as a free agent by Florida on July 1, 2012.
- #AHLOTB: Marlies get boost from Arcobello
- Door opens for Hellebuyck with Jets
- AHL announces suspension
- NHL.com: All-Star Challenge to be a fun twist
- #AHLOTB: Blue-collar Elson paying his dues
- Griffins' Jurco named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Wolves' Anderson earns 400th AHL win
- Mashinter making most of latest NHL chance