Rheault recalled by Panthers
The Florida Panthers announced today that the club has recalled right wing Jon Rheault from the San Antonio Rampage of the American Hockey League.
Rheault, 26, earns his first recall to Florida. He has played in 50 games for San Antonio this season and paces the team with 37 points (17 goals, 20 assists). The 5-foot-11, 200-pound forward has yet to appear in a National Hockey League regular-season game.
The Arlington, Texas, native was drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in the fifth round (145th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. Rheault was signed as a free agent by Florida on July 1, 2012.
- IceHogs coach to lead U.S. at World Juniors
- Zepp goes the distance for first NHL win in debut
- Falcons come out the victor in high-scoring affair
- Ness a true team leader for Bridgeport
- Five-point night for Miele powers Griffins over Toronto
- Pouliot off and running with WBS Penguins
- Kostopoulos, Fortunus to captain All-Stars
- AHL Highlights of the Week