Rielly assigned to Marlies
The Toronto Marlies announced Wednesday that defenseman Morgan Rielly has been reassigned by the Toronto Maple Leafs to the Marlies from the Western Hockey League’s Moose Jaw Warriors.
Rielly will join the team for their next game in Chicago this coming Friday.
Rielly, 19, posted 54 points (12 goals, 42 assists) in 60 regular-season games with Moose Jaw in 2012-13. The 6-foot, 205-pound native of Vancouver, B.C., was named the WHL’s Eastern Conference Defenseman of the Year and a First Team Eastern Conference All-Star.
Rielly appeared in six games and posted four points (one goal, three assists) with Team Canada at the 2013 World Junior Championship in Ufa, Russia.
Rielly was the fifth overall pick in the 2012 NHL Enty Draft.
- Noesen determined to return again
- Senators' game rounding back into shape
- Rookie Hudon makes it look easy
- Canucks, Islanders make trade
- Pastrnak youngest in both AHL and NHL
- Sissons set for super sophomore season
- Checkers to return to Coliseum in 2015-16
- AHL announces suspension