Rivermen, Bednar part ways
Peoria Rivermen general manager Kevin McDonald announced today that the St. Louis Blues have declined to exercise its option on head coach Jared Bednar for the 2012-13 season.
“I want to thank Jared for his dedication and passion for our organization and the game of hockey,” said McDonald. “He deserves tremendous credit for developing our young players over the past two seasons and we sincerely wish him the best in the future.”
Bednar, 40, was named the 17th head coach in Rivermen history and fifth since joining the American Hockey League on June 15, 2010. In his two seasons, Bednar compiled a record of 81-68-7. The team qualified for the 2011 Calder Cup Playoffs, in his first season, and was defeated in the opening round by the Houston Aeros.
- Mrazek rewarding Red Wings with performance
- Griffith's 3OT winner lifts Providence
- Wathier's late goal keeps Portland alive
- Frattin scores twice, Marlies take 2-0 lead
- AHL announces suspension
- AHL Morning Skate: April 26
- Barons work OT magic again
- IceHogs knock off Stars again