Rivermen sign Regner
Peoria Rivermen general manager Kevin McDonald has announced the team has signed defenseman Brent Regner for the 2012-13 season.
Regner, 23, has spent the past two seasons with the AHL’s Springfield Falcons where he has developed into a playmaking defenseman. Last year he led the Falcons defense with 29 assists and 31 points – both totals were career-highs. Over his three professional seasons, all of which have been played in the AHL, he has produced 70 points (12 goals, 58 assists) and 65 penalty minutes in 181 games.
Originally drafted by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the fifth round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, Regner spent four seasons with the Western Hockey League’s Vancouver Giants and was a part of the team's 2007 Memorial Cup championship.
- AHL proud of player/coach development
- #AHLFanFridays: Apollo Wood
- Avalanche name Bednar head coach
- Mantha pushing for a spot on Detroit's roster
- Philip McRae inks with Hartford
- Shinkaruk has eyes on full-time gig with Flames
- Roadrunners sign pair of defenseman
- Condors to host Outdoor Classic