Rivermen sign Regner
Peoria Rivermen general manager Kevin McDonald has announced the team has signed defenseman Brent Regner for the 2012-13 season.
Regner, 23, has spent the past two seasons with the AHL’s Springfield Falcons where he has developed into a playmaking defenseman. Last year he led the Falcons defense with 29 assists and 31 points – both totals were career-highs. Over his three professional seasons, all of which have been played in the AHL, he has produced 70 points (12 goals, 58 assists) and 65 penalty minutes in 181 games.
Originally drafted by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the fifth round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, Regner spent four seasons with the Western Hockey League’s Vancouver Giants and was a part of the team's 2007 Memorial Cup championship.
- Monarchs first to clinch playoff berth
- Playoff Primer: March 28
- Koekkoek making big strides with Syracuse
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Consistency is key for Chaput and the Falcons
- Stars’ strong ATO tradition helps playoff push
- Chiarot's dream being realized in Winnipeg
- Flames' Poirier shining in rookie season