Rochester signs Gillies to AHL deal
The Rochester Americans announced today that the team has signed forward Colton Gillies to an American Hockey League contract.
Gillies, 24, appeared in 27 NHL games with the Columbus Blue Jackets last season, recording one goal and one assist with 17 penalty minutes. A native of White Rock, B.C., Gillies has played in 154 career NHL games with Columbus and the Minnesota Wild, collecting 18 points (6g, 12a) and 72 penalty minutes.
The 6-foot-4, 208-pound Gillies has also played in 147 career AHL games with the Houston Aeros, where he tallied 54 points (19 goals, 35 assists) and 159 penalty minutes. He was originally selected by the Wild in the first round (16th overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Malhotra a 'true pro' in Charlotte
- MacLeod continuing inspiring comeback
- Devils spoil Comets' home opener
- 3rd-period success helps Pens stay perfect
- Stars' Morin named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Andersen outduels Campbell as both debut in NHL
- 'An experience you don't forget'