Rockford signs veteran defenseman Nightingale
The American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs have agreed to terms with veteran defenseman Jared Nightingale on an AHL contract for the 2013-14 season.
Nightingale spent the 2012-13 season with the Eastern Conference champion Syracuse Crunch, appearing in 56 regular-season games and tallying two goals and five assists for seven points.
The 2013-14 season will be his eighth professional campaign. The Michigan State University product has played in 320 career AHL games with Springfield, Iowa, Hartford/Connecticut, Chicago and Syracuse, registering 13 goals and 32 assists for 45 points along with 740 penalty minutes. The native of Cheboygan, Mich., has also skated in 19 Calder Cup Playoff games.
- 2015 All-Star tickets to go on sale
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Weiss to Griffins on conditioning loan
- AHL announces suspension