Rynnas signs 2-year deal with Dallas
The Dallas Stars, parent club of the AHL's Texas Stars, have signed goaltender Jussi Rynnas to a two-year contract.
Rynnas, 27, logged a 28-5-7 record in 40 regular-season contests with Karpat of the Finnish Elite League (Liiga) in 2013-14. Rynnas led all Liiga goaltenders last season with a 1.51 goals-against average and a .939 save percentage, while he finished second in the league with nine shutouts and third with 28 wins. He also appeared in three postseason games with Karpat as his club won the 2014 Liiga championship.
The 6-foot-5, 212-pound native of Pori, Finland, played in the Toronto Maple Leafs organization for three seasons from 2010-13, posting a 31-33-5 record with a 2.64 GAA, a .910 save percentage and eight shutouts in 73 appearances with the AHL's Toronto Marlies. Rynnas also played in three NHL games for the Maple Leafs.
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH