Sabres acquire Omark from Edmonton
The Buffalo Sabres on Thursday night acquired forward Linus Omark from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for a conditional sixth-round draft pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Omark is tied for fourth in the American Hockey League in scoring this season, recording 14 goals and 15 assists for 29 points in 29 games with the Oklahoma City Barons.
The 26-year-old Omark has played 66 career games in the NHL with Edmonton, tallying eight goals and 22 assists. He also has 34 goals and 42 assists for 76 points in 75 career AHL contests with Oklahoma City.
Drafted by the Oilers in the fourth round (97th overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, Omark signed a one-year contract with the club in August 2013.
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions