Sabres, Pirates extend affiliation
The Buffalo Sabres of the National Hockey League and the Portland Pirates of the American Hockey League announced today that they have extended their affiliation agreement.
The Pirates are currently in the second year of their original deal with the Sabres. The new extension is a long-term agreement that re-affirms the commitment between the two franchises.
“Lyman (Bullard, the Pirates Chairman/Governor) and I are thrilled to share this great news with our fans, our sponsors and the entire community, who have experienced firsthand, over the past two seasons, the quality and exciting style of Buffalo Sabres hockey at the AHL level at the Cumberland County Civic Center,” Pirates Managing Owner/CEO Brian Petrovek said.
“Greater Portland has embraced a group of world class players, coaches and team staff who have been and continue to be outstanding professionals and people both on and off the ice. We’re looking forward to our future together with high hopes and expectations as we continue to do our part to help develop future Buffalo Sabres and compete for Calder Cup Championships.”
- Series Snapshot: Monarchs vs. Admirals
- Series Snapshot: Senators vs. Penguins
- Series Snapshot: IceCaps vs. Devils
- Hedden lifts Stars to OT victory
- Falcons take Game 1 in overtime
- Series Snapshot: Stars vs. Barons
- Series Snapshot: Falcons vs. Bruins
- AHL Morning Skate: April 23