Sabres recall Pysyk
The Buffalo Sabres have announced that defenseman Mark Pysyk has been recalled from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League.
Pysyk, 21, joins the Sabres on his first career recall after appearing in 57 games for Rochester this season. The rookie defenseman has recorded 18 points (four goals, 14 assists) and 20 penalty minutes in his first AHL season and ties Kevin Porter to lead all Americans skaters with a plus-8 rating.
A native of Sherwood Park, Alta., Pysyk was drafted by the Sabres in the first round (23rd overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
- Penguins march into history books
- Crunch, Penguins to battle for East crown
- Oklahoma disaster relief: How to help
- AHL Morning Skate: May 22
- Griffins rally to oust Marlies
- Griffins, Barons to meet in West Finals
- Kearns a lesson in perseverance
- Potential schedules announced for East finals