Sabres recall Pysyk
The Buffalo Sabres have announced that defenseman Mark Pysyk has been recalled from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League.
Pysyk, 21, joins the Sabres on his first career recall after appearing in 57 games for Rochester this season. The rookie defenseman has recorded 18 points (four goals, 14 assists) and 20 penalty minutes in his first AHL season and ties Kevin Porter to lead all Americans skaters with a plus-8 rating.
A native of Sherwood Park, Alta., Pysyk was drafted by the Sabres in the first round (23rd overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
- Comets open West Finals with 2-1 win
- AHL Morning Skate: May 24
- Monarchs too much for Pack again
- Benning pleased with what he sees in Utica
- AHL Morning Skate: May 23
- Weal leading Monarchs towards ultimate goal
- Griffins sign first-rounder Larkin to ATO
- Monarchs hang on to win Game 1