Sabres recall Pysyk
The Buffalo Sabres have announced that defenseman Mark Pysyk has been recalled from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League.
Pysyk, 21, joins the Sabres on his first career recall after appearing in 57 games for Rochester this season. The rookie defenseman has recorded 18 points (four goals, 14 assists) and 20 penalty minutes in his first AHL season and ties Kevin Porter to lead all Americans skaters with a plus-8 rating.
A native of Sherwood Park, Alta., Pysyk was drafted by the Sabres in the first round (23rd overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
- Sprong getting a chance to shine
- AHL Morning Skate: May 1
- Green gains recognition with another solid season
- Peters blanks Pirates to force Game 5
- AHL announces suspension
- AHL Morning Skate: April 30
- AHL Plays of the Week: April 29, 2016
- Reign, Gulls to meet in second round