Sabres recall Pysyk
The Buffalo Sabres have announced that defenseman Mark Pysyk has been recalled from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League.
Pysyk, 21, joins the Sabres on his first career recall after appearing in 57 games for Rochester this season. The rookie defenseman has recorded 18 points (four goals, 14 assists) and 20 penalty minutes in his first AHL season and ties Kevin Porter to lead all Americans skaters with a plus-8 rating.
A native of Sherwood Park, Alta., Pysyk was drafted by the Sabres in the first round (23rd overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
- Potential schedules announced for East finals
- AHL Morning Skate: May 21
- Oklahoma disaster relief: How to help
- Devastation hits close to home for Barons
- Thiessen, Penguins push Bruins to limit
- Van Guilder signs first NHL deal with Predators
- AHL announces suspension
- AHL Morning Skate: May 20