Sabres recall Pysyk
The Buffalo Sabres have announced that defenseman Mark Pysyk has been recalled from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League.
Pysyk, 21, joins the Sabres on his first career recall after appearing in 57 games for Rochester this season. The rookie defenseman has recorded 18 points (four goals, 14 assists) and 20 penalty minutes in his first AHL season and ties Kevin Porter to lead all Americans skaters with a plus-8 rating.
A native of Sherwood Park, Alta., Pysyk was drafted by the Sabres in the first round (23rd overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
- Ryan Johnston eyes Montreal roster spot
- Columbus giving Werenski power play opportunities
- Czarnik hoping to exceed expectations
- Tucson GM: "being competitive now-now-now"
- Leland Irving is hoping for another win in his life
- New coach takes the reins at Wild's AHL affiliate
- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of 2017
- Grant hoping to secure Sabres roster spot