Sabres recall Pysyk
The Buffalo Sabres have announced that defenseman Mark Pysyk has been recalled from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League.
Pysyk, 21, joins the Sabres on his first career recall after appearing in 57 games for Rochester this season. The rookie defenseman has recorded 18 points (four goals, 14 assists) and 20 penalty minutes in his first AHL season and ties Kevin Porter to lead all Americans skaters with a plus-8 rating.
A native of Sherwood Park, Alta., Pysyk was drafted by the Sabres in the first round (23rd overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
- Callahan looks 'to be great every night' for Griffins
- Guerin, Weinrich named All-Star honorary captains
- Return to hockey ideal for Ilya Bryzgalov
- Pickard opens eyes in Colorado
- Phantoms tie record with 3 goals in :21
- Vasilevskiy gives Bolts glimpse of future
- Nelson gets his opportunity
- AHL Board OK's purchase of Texas Stars