Sabres sign Finley to multi-year deal
Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier today announced that the team has signed defenseman Joe Finley to a multi-year contract.
The 6-foot-8, 260-pound Finley has two points (1g, 1a) and a plus-10 rating in 18 games played with the the Rochester Americans and leads the team with 57 penalty minutes. Finley, 24, is in his third professional season out of the University of North Dakota and has totaled one goal, two assists and 79 PIM in 26 career AHL games with Rochester and Hershey.
The Edina, Minn., native was originally selected by the Washington Capitals in the first round (27th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
He was signed to an AHL contract by the Rochester Americans on Oct. 4, 2011.
- Falcons equipment manager reaching 3,000 games
- Fans win in first game at PPL Center
- Worcester signs defenseman Taormina
- Johnson, Palat seek to build on breakout seasons
- Morin looking to contribute with Dallas
- AHL partners with Upper Deck
- Fraser's goal: Score spot with Bruins
- Marchessault fitting right in