Sabres sign Finley to multi-year deal
Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier today announced that the team has signed defenseman Joe Finley to a multi-year contract.
The 6-foot-8, 260-pound Finley has two points (1g, 1a) and a plus-10 rating in 18 games played with the the Rochester Americans and leads the team with 57 penalty minutes. Finley, 24, is in his third professional season out of the University of North Dakota and has totaled one goal, two assists and 79 PIM in 26 career AHL games with Rochester and Hershey.
The Edina, Minn., native was originally selected by the Washington Capitals in the first round (27th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
He was signed to an AHL contract by the Rochester Americans on Oct. 4, 2011.
- AHL Morning Skate: May 18
- Crunch cruise into conference finals
- Griffins push Marlies to the brink
- Penguins stay alive with 3-1 win
- Tatar takes the lead as Griffins press on
- Arcobello leading Barons' Calder Cup charge
- French not returning to Bears
- AHL Morning Skate: May 17