Sabres sign Finley to multi-year deal
Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier today announced that the team has signed defenseman Joe Finley to a multi-year contract.
The 6-foot-8, 260-pound Finley has two points (1g, 1a) and a plus-10 rating in 18 games played with the the Rochester Americans and leads the team with 57 penalty minutes. Finley, 24, is in his third professional season out of the University of North Dakota and has totaled one goal, two assists and 79 PIM in 26 career AHL games with Rochester and Hershey.
The Edina, Minn., native was originally selected by the Washington Capitals in the first round (27th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
He was signed to an AHL contract by the Rochester Americans on Oct. 4, 2011.
- AHL announces front-office addition
- Guentzel impresses at development camp
- Berube named head coach of Chicago Wolves
- Caps search for goalie depth at development camp
- Mazanec, Saros compete to be Preds backup
- Griffins captain Jeff Hoggan not returning
- Bowey finding offensive, defensive balance
- Leo Luongo named Springfield goaltending coach