Sabres sign Finley to multi-year deal
Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier today announced that the team has signed defenseman Joe Finley to a multi-year contract.
The 6-foot-8, 260-pound Finley has two points (1g, 1a) and a plus-10 rating in 18 games played with the the Rochester Americans and leads the team with 57 penalty minutes. Finley, 24, is in his third professional season out of the University of North Dakota and has totaled one goal, two assists and 79 PIM in 26 career AHL games with Rochester and Hershey.
The Edina, Minn., native was originally selected by the Washington Capitals in the first round (27th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
He was signed to an AHL contract by the Rochester Americans on Oct. 4, 2011.
- Monarchs bring native son to face Wolf Pack
- Larkin leads Griffins to Game 2 win
- AHL Morning Skate: May 25
- Comets open West Finals with 2-1 win
- AHL Morning Skate: May 24
- Monarchs too much for Pack again
- Benning pleased with what he sees in Utica
- AHL Morning Skate: May 23