Sabres sign Strachan to contract
The Buffalo Sabres, parent club of the AHL's Rochester Americans, today announced the team has signed defenseman Tyson Strachan to a one-year contract.
Strachan appeared in 18 games with the Washington Capitals in 2013-14, recording two assists and 28 penalty minutes. He spent the majority of the season with the Hershey Bears (AHL), appearing in 60 games and tallying 19 points (4g, 15a), 56 penalty minutes and a plus-13 rating.
Drafted by Carolina in the fifth round of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Strachan has played 276 career AHL games, totaling 16 goals and 71 assists for 87 points. The native of Melfort, Sask., has also played 138 NHL games with St. Louis, Florida and Washington, totaling one goal, 14 assists and 155 penalty minutes.
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Weiss to Griffins on conditioning loan
- AHL announces suspension
- Williams spreads winning wisdom
- Portland signs Bissonnette to PTO
- Bibeau's solid start not a surprise