Sabres sign Strachan to contract
The Buffalo Sabres, parent club of the AHL's Rochester Americans, today announced the team has signed defenseman Tyson Strachan to a one-year contract.
Strachan appeared in 18 games with the Washington Capitals in 2013-14, recording two assists and 28 penalty minutes. He spent the majority of the season with the Hershey Bears (AHL), appearing in 60 games and tallying 19 points (4g, 15a), 56 penalty minutes and a plus-13 rating.
Drafted by Carolina in the fifth round of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Strachan has played 276 career AHL games, totaling 16 goals and 71 assists for 87 points. The native of Melfort, Sask., has also played 138 NHL games with St. Louis, Florida and Washington, totaling one goal, 14 assists and 155 penalty minutes.
- Subban working toward his time to shine
- Rallo returning to Stars
- Bower making annual trip to RI Reds reunion
- Hartley lauds benefits for Adirondack Flames
- Rampage's Weiss named winner of Ellery Award
- Pirates sign defensemen Oberg, Southorn
- Meech re-signs with Texas
- Wolves re-sign Harper, add three