Scrivens, Marlies blank Barons
The Toronto Marlies defeated the Oklahoma City Barons, 5-0, in Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals on Thursday night at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City.
With the win, Toronto pushed its win streak to five games and took a 1-0 lead in the best-of-seven series.
Ben Scrivens (8-1, 1.43, .951) recorded his second shutout of the postseason, making 31 saves to pick up the win for Toronto.
Marcel Mueller, Nicolas Deschamps, Matt Frattin, Joe Colborne and Jake Gardiner scored for the Marlies. Philippe Dupuis and Nazem Kadri recorded two assist each.
Frattin's goal was his sixth of the playoffs, tying teammate Jerry D'Amigo for the AHL lead. Colborne's goal was his first in 31 games.
The Marlies were 6-for-6 on the penalty kill, and have allowed one goal in 42 chances over nine postseason games.
Game 2 is Friday night in Oklahoma City (8:00 ET, Leafs TV, AHL Live, Sirius 207/XM 92).
Western Conference Finals – Series “N” (best-of-7)
1-Oklahoma City Barons vs. 2-Toronto Marlies
Game 1 - Thurs., May 17 - Toronto 5, OKLAHOMA CITY 0
Game 2 - Fri., May 18 - Toronto at Oklahoma City, 8:00
Game 3 - Mon., May 21 - Oklahoma City at Toronto, 3:00
Game 4 - Wed., May 23 - Oklahoma City at Toronto, 7:00
*Game 5 - Fri., May 25 - Oklahoma City at Toronto, 7:00
*Game 6 - Mon., May 28 - Toronto at Oklahoma City, 8:00
*Game 7 - Wed., May 30 - Toronto at Oklahoma City, 8:00
- Brossoit determined to find NHL form
- Lagace off to strong start in camp
- Adrian Kempe preparing for a statement season
- From Croatia, Rendulic hopes to make history
- Scherbak is out to earn roster spot in Montreal
- Nathan Lieuwen out to prove how good he can be
- Dell, Grosenick hope to seize opportunity with Sharks
- Fresh off Calder Cup, Falk aiming for job with Sabres