Senators' Cowen has surgery
Binghamton Senators defenseman Jared Cowen underwent surgery on Saturday in New York to repair a torn labrum in his left hip. Cowen is expected to make a full recovery, which is expected to take between six and eight months.
Cowen, 21, played in all 82 games during his rookie season with the Ottawa Senators last year, scoring five goals and 12 assists, while adding 56 penalty minutes. He also played in all seven games of Ottawa's playoff series against the N.Y. Rangers, recording one assist and four penalty minutes.
Cowen played in three American Hockey League games with Binghamton this season, recording three assists and two penalty minutes. He was a member of Binghamton's 2011 Calder Cup championship team, tallying four assists in 10 playoff games that spring.
Cowen was the Senators' first-round pick (ninth overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
- AHL Morning Skate: April 30
- AHL Plays of the Week: April 29, 2016
- Reign, Gulls to meet in second round
- Gulls use special teams to snuff out Stars
- Reign advance with Game 4 win
- AHL Morning Skate: April 29
- Marlies-Devils to get underway Wednesday
- Gulls hand Stars big loss in Game 3