Senators sign Jessiman
The Ottawa Senators, parent club of the AHL's Binghamton Senators, announced today the club has signed forward Hugh Jessiman to a one-year, two-way contract.
Jessiman, 28, split last season between the American Hockey League’s Lake Erie Monsters and the Abbotsford Heat. In a combined 67 games, he recorded 27 goals and 17 assists for 44 points while recording 108 penalty minutes.
The 6-6, 231-pound, native of Darien, Conn., has played in 432 career AHL games with Hartford, Milwaukee, Rockford, Rochester, Lake Erie and Abbotsford, scoring 107 goals and 93 assists while adding 699 penalty minutes.
Jessiman has appeared in two career National Hockey League games, recording five penalty minutes with the Florida Panthers during the 2010-11 campaign. He was originally the New York Rangers’ first-round pick (12th overall) in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
- AHL Plays of the Week: Nov. 27, 2015
- #AHLOTB: Marlies get boost from Arcobello
- Door opens for Hellebuyck with Jets
- AHL announces suspension
- NHL.com: All-Star Challenge to be a fun twist
- #AHLOTB: Blue-collar Elson paying his dues
- Griffins' Jurco named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Wolves' Anderson earns 400th AHL win