Sharks sign Sheppard to AHL deal
Worcester Sharks general manager Wayne Thomas announced Friday that the club has signed center James Sheppard to an American Hockey League standard player contracts.
The 24-year-old center from Halifax, N.S., played four scoreless games with the Worcester Sharks last season and brings 224 NHL games of experience to the Sharks roster. He has totaled 11 goals and 38 assists for 49 points in the NHL, and set career highs in goals (5), assists (19), points (24) and games played (82) during the 2008-09 season.
Sheppard was the ninth overall NHL draft selection by the Minnesota Wild in 2006.
- Wild making community impact
- Jones shuts down Ducks in NHL debut
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Rookie Rieder off to a strong start
- Monthly award winners for November named
- Strome named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Beach makes it rain bears, hats
- Reflecting on a title 10 years later