Sound Tigers ink Motherwell
The Bridgeports Sound Tigers have agreed to terms on a one-year AHL deal with defenseman Brett Motherwell.
The St. Charles, Ill., native notched nine assists in 17 games for the Sound Tigers last season. In addition to his time with the Sound Tigers, Motherwell played 48 games with the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL, totaling 28 points (two goals, 26 assists) in 48 regular-season games.
Prior to his time with the Sound Tigers last season, Motherwell had two previous stints in the AHL with the Syracuse Crunch (2007-08) and the Providence Bruins (2008-09). He has totaled two goals and 23 assists for 25 points in 69 career regular-season AHL games, and two assists in 13 Calder Cup Playoff contests.
Motherwell joins the Sound Tigers in time for their training camp, which starts on Monday at the Rinks at Shelton.
- NHL taste has Hishon eager to return
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Checkers pushing through slow start
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record