Sound Tigers sign Wotton for 2010-11
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers have agreed to terms on a one-year American Hockey League contract with Mark Wotton.
Wotton joined the Sound Tigers at the start of the 2006-07 season and was immediately named the team’s captain. The Foxwarren, Man., native is the longest tenured captain in Sound Tiger history, returning next season for his fifth year. In 2006, Wotton won the Calder Cup with the Hersey Bears.
Wotton played 77 games for Bridgeport in 2009-10, tallying three goals and 23 assists. He has totaled 84 goals and 271 assists for 355 points in 825 career AHL contests, ranking 24th all-time in games played.
On Apr. 10, Wotton skated in his 1,000th career North American professional game against the Manchester Monarchs.
The 6-foot, 200-pound defenseman has also played in 43 games in the National Hockey League and scored three goals and six assists.
- Meech re-signs with Texas
- Wolves re-sign Harper, add three
- Cassidy keeps Providence pipeline producing
- Checkers sign NHL veteran LaRose
- Mougenel joins Sharks staff
- Warsofsky looking to break through to NHL
- Bulldogs sign defenseman Finley
- Trio of Flyers prospects waiting their turn