Sound Tigers to honor Sandy Hook
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers announced today they will remember the Sandy Hook Elementary School victims with commemorative patches and stickers on their uniforms for the remainder of the 2012-13 American Hockey League season.
“The tragic events at Sandy Hook Elementary School have affected all of us,” Sound Tigers president Howard Saffan said. “Sandy Hook Elementary School has come out to our games and supported us for years. We will do all we can to remember the victims and aid the entire Newtown community in the healing process."
All Sound Tigers players will wear a commemorative helmet sticker in honor of the victims from the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy. The team will also wear a commemorative green ribbon on their jerseys for the remainder of the season.
In addition, a graphic with the initials “S.H.E.S.” and the date “12.14.12” will be painted into the ice behind each net for the remainder of the season.
- Monarchs bring native son to face Wolf Pack
- Larkin leads Griffins to Game 2 win
- AHL Morning Skate: May 25
- Comets open West Finals with 2-1 win
- AHL Morning Skate: May 24
- Monarchs too much for Pack again
- Benning pleased with what he sees in Utica
- AHL Morning Skate: May 23