Stars blank Admirals in Game 3
Alex Chiasson snapped a scoreless tie with 12:18 left in the third period and Cristopher Nilstorp stopped all 21 shots he faced as the Texas Stars won Game 3 of their Western Conference quarterfinal series, 2-0, over the Milwaukee Admirals.
With a 2-1 series lead, Texas will look to eliminate the Admirals with another win in Game 4 on Friday.
The pivotal third game was tightly contested through two periods, with Nilstorp and Magnus Hellberg keeping the scoresheet clean.
The winning goal was scored off a give-and-go play in the Milwaukee zone as Chiasson kept the puck in at the blue line, chipped it down low to Justin Dowling and then redirected Dowling's centering feed past Hellberg for a 1-0 lead. It was the Stars' first goal in 107:42 after being shut out in Game 2.
Kevin Connauton gave Texas a big insurance marker with 6:03 to play, rifling home a shot from the high slot on a Stars power play.
Nilstorp (2-1) made six stops in the first period, seven in the second and eight in the third for the shutout. Hellberg (1-2) finished with 29 saves.
- Crunch push Penguins to the brink
- Barons-Griffins postponed by storms
- Providence pipeline paying off for Boston
- Stars GM White earns promotion
- AHL Morning Skate: May 31
- Crunch-Penguins on NHL Network Radio
- Andersson, Nyquist, Pearce to Griffins
- WBS Penguins add first-rounder Pouliot