Stars clinch their first division title
The Texas Stars clinched the franchise's first division championship in convincing fashion on Sunday afternoon, defeating the San Antonio Rampage, 8-2, at the AT&T Center in San Antonio.
At 42-20-5-6 (95 points), the Stars have won the South Division and will be either the first or second seed in the Western Conference when the Calder Cup Playoffs begin following next weekend's conclusion of the regular season.
Justin Dowling and Mike Hedden each had two goals and an assist in Sunday's victory, while Scott Glennie and Reilly Smith each notched a goal and two assists and Cameron Gaunce registered four assists and a game-high plus-5 rating.
Colton Sceviour and Travis Morin also scored for the Stars, and Jack Campbell stopped 16 of 18 shots for the win.
The teams meet again in San Antonio on Tuesday night.
- 2015 All-Star tickets to go on sale
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Weiss to Griffins on conditioning loan
- AHL announces suspension