Stars' coaches relieved of duties
The Dallas Stars and Texas Stars jointly announced today that Texas Stars head coach Jeff Pyle and assistant coach Jeff Truitt have been relieved of their duties.
“This was a tough decision but one we feel was necessary,” said Dallas General Manager Joe Nieuwendyk. “Jeff Pyle and Jeff Truitt are true professionals and we would like to thank them for their service in Texas this season. We wish them the best.”
Both Pyle and Truitt joined Texas last summer when Glen Gulutzan and Paul Jerrard were elevated to Dallas’ NHL coaching staff. The Texas Stars had a record of 31-40-3-2 for 67 points, finishing fifth in the West Division.
- Barracuda affiliation gives Sharks advantage
- UND alums cherish return to Ralph
- 2015 preseason schedule and results
- #AHLFanFridays: Jimmy Murphy
- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of 2016
- Pasquale on the rebound with IceCaps
- MacIntyre honors late uncle with new number
- Green ready for third season with Utica