Stars' coaches relieved of duties
The Dallas Stars and Texas Stars jointly announced today that Texas Stars head coach Jeff Pyle and assistant coach Jeff Truitt have been relieved of their duties.
“This was a tough decision but one we feel was necessary,” said Dallas General Manager Joe Nieuwendyk. “Jeff Pyle and Jeff Truitt are true professionals and we would like to thank them for their service in Texas this season. We wish them the best.”
Both Pyle and Truitt joined Texas last summer when Glen Gulutzan and Paul Jerrard were elevated to Dallas’ NHL coaching staff. The Texas Stars had a record of 31-40-3-2 for 67 points, finishing fifth in the West Division.
- #AHL80 Fan Favorite Moments
- NHL, AHL clubs look to future at Draft
- AHL alumni collect NHL awards
- Giving love to the Monsters
- A-Devils' Ciceri to retire
- IceHogs' Peck honored with Ken McKenzie Award
- Mark Lamb hired as head coach of Tucson
- AHL Marketing Meeting underway in Pittsburgh