Stars' coaches relieved of duties
The Dallas Stars and Texas Stars jointly announced today that Texas Stars head coach Jeff Pyle and assistant coach Jeff Truitt have been relieved of their duties.
“This was a tough decision but one we feel was necessary,” said Dallas General Manager Joe Nieuwendyk. “Jeff Pyle and Jeff Truitt are true professionals and we would like to thank them for their service in Texas this season. We wish them the best.”
Both Pyle and Truitt joined Texas last summer when Glen Gulutzan and Paul Jerrard were elevated to Dallas’ NHL coaching staff. The Texas Stars had a record of 31-40-3-2 for 67 points, finishing fifth in the West Division.
- Paek to lead Korean hockey program
- Veilleux joins Norfolk as assistant coach
- AHL time has served Connolly well
- Blues sign Welsh
- Milwaukee signs Grant, Madore
- Prospects in goal bode well for Sabres
- Ottawa wisely stocking B-Sens with leadership
- Pens' McNeill ready to be noticed