Stars' coaches relieved of duties
The Dallas Stars and Texas Stars jointly announced today that Texas Stars head coach Jeff Pyle and assistant coach Jeff Truitt have been relieved of their duties.
“This was a tough decision but one we feel was necessary,” said Dallas General Manager Joe Nieuwendyk. “Jeff Pyle and Jeff Truitt are true professionals and we would like to thank them for their service in Texas this season. We wish them the best.”
Both Pyle and Truitt joined Texas last summer when Glen Gulutzan and Paul Jerrard were elevated to Dallas’ NHL coaching staff. The Texas Stars had a record of 31-40-3-2 for 67 points, finishing fifth in the West Division.
- Morris named head coach of Checkers
- Marlies sign Campbell, four others
- Flyers land two-time All-Star McDonald
- Blue Jackets sign Ramage
- Blues sign Caron, Harrold
- Pasquale returning to IceCaps
- MacWilliam joins Jets
- Breen expected to provide depth for Bruins