Stars' coaches relieved of duties
The Dallas Stars and Texas Stars jointly announced today that Texas Stars head coach Jeff Pyle and assistant coach Jeff Truitt have been relieved of their duties.
“This was a tough decision but one we feel was necessary,” said Dallas General Manager Joe Nieuwendyk. “Jeff Pyle and Jeff Truitt are true professionals and we would like to thank them for their service in Texas this season. We wish them the best.”
Both Pyle and Truitt joined Texas last summer when Glen Gulutzan and Paul Jerrard were elevated to Dallas’ NHL coaching staff. The Texas Stars had a record of 31-40-3-2 for 67 points, finishing fifth in the West Division.
- Etem's heroics lift Norfolk
- Photos of BST tribute to Sandy Hook
- AHL announces suspension
- Knapp living the dream right at home
- Griffins take it to Heat
- Whitfield, Laing named All-Star captains
- SiriusXM adds to AHL broadcast schedule
- Monsters score late, beat Aeros