Stars edge Milwaukee in overtime
|Game 1 (OT)|
Brett Ritchie snapped home a shot with 11:44 gone by in overtime, giving the Texas Stars a 3-2 road win over the Milwaukee Admirals in the opener of their Western Conference quarterfinal on Friday.
The Admirals host Game 2 on Saturday.
Matt Fraser and Kevin Connauton scored in regulation for Texas, which is the top seed in the Western Conference. Cristopher Nilstorp finished with 29 saves.
Patrik Cehlin and Zach Hamill scored power-play goals for Milwaukee, which was outshot 44-31 for the game. Magnus Hellberg, who was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week last week after going 4-0-0 and helping the Admirals clinch a playoff berth on the last day of the season, turned aside 41 shots.
Texas improved to 7-5 all-time in playoff overtime games. Milwaukee fell to 13-8.
- Crunch hold off Penguins for Game 2 win
- Barons' Scott helping build a winner
- AHL Morning Skate: May 26
- Barons even up series with Griffins
- Penguins double up Crunch in Game 1
- AHL, PHPA to donate to OK relief efforts
- AHL Morning Skate: May 25
- Oklahoma disaster relief: How to help