Stars first to clinch playoff berth
The Texas Stars became the first team to clinch a berth in the 2014 Calder Cup Playoffs on Sunday afternoon.
The Stars secured their fourth trip to the postseason in five seasons when the San Antonio Rampage defeated the Charlotte Checkers, 4-2.
Led offensively by MVP candidates Travis Morin and Colton Sceviour, Texas (41-17-3-5, 90 points) leads the AHL's Western Conference with four weeks remaining in the regular season. The Stars were the top seed in the West in 2013 but lost in the second round of the playoffs to Oklahoma City.
Texas reached the Calder Cup Finals in its inaugural season in 2008-09.
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa
- Attitude Czech
- Drouin nets winner in pro debut
- Caps prospect Carrick has bright future
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Agozzino 'staying hungry' with the Monsters
- Pedan keeping it simple with the Sound Tigers
- Boychuk, Terry help make a point for the 'Canes