Stars GM White earns promotion
Dallas Stars general manager Jim Nill announced today that Scott White will join Dallas as director of hockey operations and will also retain his role as general manager of the Texas Stars, Dallas' development affiliate in the American Hockey League.
White has been promoted to director of hockey operations and is retaining his role as GM of the Texas Stars after serving in that role since 2008. He was instrumental in building the Texas Stars' 2009-10 inaugural team, which made a run to the 2010 Calder Cup Finals.
A member of the Dallas Stars organization since 2005, White previously served as a professional scout and director of minor league operations. He headed up the hockey department for the Iowa Stars, then Dallas' primary affiliate, for three seasons.
Prior to joining the Stars organization, he served as head coach of the Columbia Inferno of the ECHL for four seasons, qualifying for a playoff berth each year. He also guided Columbia to a Kelly Cup Finals appearance in 2003 and finished with a 165-87-36 record (.635) in over four seasons with the Inferno.
- Teams preparing for future at Draft
- AHL Highlights of the Year
- Cleveland hosting AHL Marketing Meeting
- Horachek named head coach of Rampage
- AHL grads help Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Ducks acquire Grant from Penguins
- AHL an important step in Quinn's eyes
- Griffins celebrate Cup win with fans