Stars rally to stun Barons in OT
Down 3-0 and 5-1, the Texas Stars rallied for a 6-5 overtime victory over the Oklahoma City Barons to close out 2013 on Tuesday night.
Chris Mueller had a hat trick for the Stars including the final two goals of regulation -- tying the game with 1:17 to play. Colton Sceviour's league-leading 21st goal of the season was the winner 46 seconds into OT.
With Curtis Hamilton and Will Acton scoring twice apiece -- including a shorthanded goal for each -- the Barons grabbed a 5-1 lead midway through the second period, chasing starting Texas goaltender Cristopher Nilstorp by scoring five times on 18 shots.
Mike Hedden started the Stars down the comeback trail at 12:34 of the second before Texas scored three more times in the third period.
The Stars finished the game with a 41-25 advantage in shots, including 34-13 after the first period. Josh Robinson stopped all seven shots he faced in relief for his third win of the season. Richard Bachman made 35 saves for the Barons.
- All-Star Classic to reach 100 million homes
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Rampage battling for a great cause
- Hoffman scores four in Sens' win
- Grubauer latest to develop in Bears' crease
- AHL announces suspension
- Charlotte-Norfolk postponed tonight
- Three added to AHL All-Star roster