Stars wrap up West Division crown
A week after becoming the first team to clinch a berth in the 2014 Calder Cup Playoffs, the Texas Stars secured the West Division regular-season title on Sunday evening.
The Stars wrapped up the John D. Chick Trophy for the second time in as many seasons under head coach Willie Desjardins, and will be one of the top three seeds in the Western Conference when the postseason begins next month.
Texas (43-17-3-6, 95 points) clinched the division title when Abbotsford dropped a 6-4 decision in Toronto on Sunday. The Stars have an insurmountable 14-point lead over the Heat with seven games remaining.
Texas, which was the top seed in the conference entering the 2013 postseason, owns a three-point lead over Grand Rapids atop the conference standings with three weeks left in the regular season.
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions