Taffe hits milestone for Bears
Jeff Taffe became the newest member of the AHL's 500-point club on Saturday, reaching the milestone with an assist in Hershey's 4-2 loss to Binghamton.
Taffe is the fifth AHL player to record his 500th point this season, and the third member of the Bears after Jon DiSalvatore and Boyd Kane.
A 32-year-old native of Hastings, Minn., Taffe is second in the AHL with 71 points (18 goals, 53 assists) in 72 games with Hershey this season. In 605 AHL games over 11 seasons with Hershey (2012- ), Houston (2011-12), Rockford (2010-11), Rochester (2009-10), Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (2007-09), San Antonio (2005-07), Hartford (2005-06), Utah (2004-05) and Springfield (2002-04), Taffe has recorded 203 goals and 297 assists for 500 points.
Taffe, who was named a Second Team AHL All-Star for 2012-13, has also appeared in 180 career National Hockey League contests, tallying 21 goals and 25 assists.
- Thiessen, Penguins push Bruins to limit
- Van Guilder signs first NHL deal with Predators
- AHL announces suspension
- AHL Morning Skate: May 20
- Krug stepping up big-time
- AHL players making NHL debuts
- Penguins march on, force a Game 6
- Marlies send series back to Toronto