Trio assigned to Monarchs
The Los Angeles Kings have assigned defenseman Andrew Bodnarchuk, forward Stefan Legein and forward David Meckler to the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League.
Bodnarchuk, who signed with the Kings on July 6, played last season with the AHL’s Providence Bruins, recording 17 points (5g, 12a) and 44 penalty minutes in 63 games played.
Legein spent last season with Manchester, recording 25 points (14g, 11a) and 44 penalty minutes in 63 regular-season games and two points (2g) and 15 penalty minutes in four playoff games.
Meckler completed his fifth season with Manchester last season, recording 17 points (10g, 7a) and 13 penalty minutes in 44 regular-season games and zero points and penalty minutes in four playoff games.
- All-Star coaches to be determined Dec. 31
- Monarchs' O'Neill named Player of the Week
- IceHogs coach to lead U.S. at World Juniors
- Zepp goes the distance for first NHL win in debut
- Falcons come out the victor in high-scoring affair
- Ness a true team leader for Bridgeport
- Five-point night for Miele powers Griffins over Toronto
- Pouliot off and running with WBS Penguins