Trio assigned to Monarchs
The Los Angeles Kings have assigned defenseman Andrew Bodnarchuk, forward Stefan Legein and forward David Meckler to the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League.
Bodnarchuk, who signed with the Kings on July 6, played last season with the AHL’s Providence Bruins, recording 17 points (5g, 12a) and 44 penalty minutes in 63 games played.
Legein spent last season with Manchester, recording 25 points (14g, 11a) and 44 penalty minutes in 63 regular-season games and two points (2g) and 15 penalty minutes in four playoff games.
Meckler completed his fifth season with Manchester last season, recording 17 points (10g, 7a) and 13 penalty minutes in 44 regular-season games and zero points and penalty minutes in four playoff games.
- Start of Flames era has Glens Falls buzzing
- NHL taste has Hishon eager to return
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Checkers pushing through slow start
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team