Two-goal third period lifts Norfolk
NORFOLK 3, MANITOBA 1
Norfolk registered a pair of third-period goals and rookie netminder Dustin Tokarski stopped 25 of 26 shots as the Admirals grabbed a 3-1 win over Manitoba at the MTS Centre on Monday in the first-ever meeting between the clubs.
Admirals forward Brandon Bochenski broke a 1-1 tie with a power play goal at 2:19 of the third frame. Bochenski’s seventh goal of the season was assisted by Mike Lundin and Juraj Simek.
Paul Szczechura sealed Norfolk’s victory with a late empty-netter, and Tokarski bounced back after surrendering six goals in his last outing, a 6-5 loss to Portland on Oct. 24.
The Admirals’ Ryan Craig and the Moose’s Matt McCue traded first-period tallies, with McCue registering his first as a professional.
The teams will be back on the MTS Centre ice for a rematch on Tuesday night.
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Frozen Frontier to be televised live
- Falcons, Blue Jackets continue affiliation
- Cain named majority owner of Pirates
- The Biggs bang theory
- Heat's Ferland making huge strides
- Strome repeats as Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension