Two-time all-star signs with Monarchs
The Manchester Monarchs announced Monday that they have signed defenseman Bryan Rodney to an American Hockey League contract.
Rodney, 28, played 67 games in the AHL in 2011-12 between the Syracuse Crunch and Oklahoma City Barons, totaling six goals and 24 assists for 30 points. He also appeared in one NHL game with Edmonton last season.
The London, Ont., native has played 306 AHL games with Hartford, Albany, Charlotte, Syracuse and Oklahoma City, tallying 30 goals and 136 assists for 166 points. Rodney is a two-time AHL All-Star, participating in the league's mid-season showcase in 2010 and 2011, and reached the conference finals of the Calder Cup Playoffs with Charlotte in 2011 and Oklahoma City in 2012.
In 34 career NHL games with Carolina and Edmonton, Rodney has totaled one goal and 12 assists for 13 points.
- Caps ink Camper, Collins, Moore, Ness
- Sabres sign Akeson, Donovan
- Ducks sign Hackett, Mueller, Piskula to deals
- Coyotes sign forward Jeffrey
- Iowa signs Fortunus to two-year deal
- Canadiens ink Barberio, Holloway, Hanley
- Flyers sign Brent, Drewiske, Conner
- Rangers acquire All-Star goalie Hellberg