Van Guilder signs first NHL deal with Predators
The Nashville Predators announced today that the club has signed forward Mark Van Guilder to a two-year, two-way contract through the 2014-15 season.
Van Guilder, 29, played his fourth season for the Milwaukee Admirals in 2012-13, ranking fifth on the team in goals (14) and tying for fifth in points (32).
The native of Roseville, Minn., was also named the Admirals' recipient of the IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year award -- becoming one of 30 finalists league-wide for the Yanick Dupre Memorial Award -- for his outstanding contributions to the Milwaukee community for the third consecutive season in 2012-13.
In 241 career AHL contests with Milwaukee and Hamilton, Van Guilder has 84 points (36g, 48a).
The 6-foot-1, 186-pound winger played four seasons at the University of Notre Dame from 2004-08.
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions