Van Guilder signs first NHL deal with Predators
The Nashville Predators announced today that the club has signed forward Mark Van Guilder to a two-year, two-way contract through the 2014-15 season.
Van Guilder, 29, played his fourth season for the Milwaukee Admirals in 2012-13, ranking fifth on the team in goals (14) and tying for fifth in points (32).
The native of Roseville, Minn., was also named the Admirals' recipient of the IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year award -- becoming one of 30 finalists league-wide for the Yanick Dupre Memorial Award -- for his outstanding contributions to the Milwaukee community for the third consecutive season in 2012-13.
In 241 career AHL contests with Milwaukee and Hamilton, Van Guilder has 84 points (36g, 48a).
The 6-foot-1, 186-pound winger played four seasons at the University of Notre Dame from 2004-08.
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa