WBS Penguins acquire Nesbitt from Peoria
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins have acquired forward Derek Nesbitt from the Peoria Rivermen for future considerations.
Nesbitt has set a new AHL career-high in goals (26) this season and also leads the Rivermen with eight power-play markers. His 21 assists and 47 points are second only to his linemate T.J. Hensick.
Nesbitt initially joined the Rivermen on Nov. 11, 2010, on a professional tryout contract and erupted with 42 points (17g, 25a) in 55 overall games. He was signed by Peoria to a standard AHL contract on Dec. 21, 2010.
In seven seasons of professional hockey, Nesbitt has appeared in 253 career AHL games between the Rockford IceHogs, Manitoba Moose, San Antonio Rampage and Peoria Rivermen. He has 156 points (66g, 90a) and 44 penalty minutes at the AHL level.
- Wolves rally for wild win in Grand Rapids
- Senators beat Markstrom, Comets
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York