Wild recall Kuemper from Houston
The Minnesota Wild on Wednesday announced that they have recalled goaltender Darcy Kuemper from the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.
Kuemper, 22, went 1-2-0 with a 2.08 goals-against average and a .916 save percentage in six games (three starts) with Minnesota this season. He made his NHL debut Feb. 12 at Vancouver and won his first NHL game Feb. 17 against Detroit.
Kuemper went 13-8-0 with a 1.88 GAA, a .934 save percentage and four shutouts in 21 regular-season games with the Aeros. Kuemper is 1-1 in two playoff starts for Houston this year, stopping 67 of 70 shots faced (1.51, .957, 1 SO).
The 6-foot-5, 207-pound native of Saskatoon, Sask., was the Wild's sixth-round selection in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know