Wild recall Kuemper from Houston
The Minnesota Wild on Wednesday announced that they have recalled goaltender Darcy Kuemper from the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.
Kuemper, 22, went 1-2-0 with a 2.08 goals-against average and a .916 save percentage in six games (three starts) with Minnesota this season. He made his NHL debut Feb. 12 at Vancouver and won his first NHL game Feb. 17 against Detroit.
Kuemper went 13-8-0 with a 1.88 GAA, a .934 save percentage and four shutouts in 21 regular-season games with the Aeros. Kuemper is 1-1 in two playoff starts for Houston this year, stopping 67 of 70 shots faced (1.51, .957, 1 SO).
The 6-foot-5, 207-pound native of Saskatoon, Sask., was the Wild's sixth-round selection in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
- NHL taste has Hishon eager to return
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Checkers pushing through slow start
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record