Wild return Granlund to Houston
The Minnesota Wild announced on Tuesday that they have reassigned forward Mikael Granlund to the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.
Granlund, 21, collected six points (1g, 5a) in 19 games with Minnesota this season and registered a goal in his NHL debut vs. Colorado on Jan. 19.
The 5-foot-10, 186-pound native of Oulu, Finland, has also recorded 21 points (eight goals, 13 assists) in 21 games with the Aeros this season. He was named the CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month for October after scoring 3-7-10 and a plus-5 rating in seven games.
Granlund was Minnesota's first-round pick (ninth overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
- Heat, Condors to head outdoors
- True North to expand MTS Iceplex
- Phantoms sign Rosehill to AHL deal
- IceHogs ink Dowell to tryout
- Red Wings will be excited with Blashill
- Morrow poised to push for spot in Boston
- Grimaldi looks back on historic twinbill
- AHL remembers Al Arbour