Wild return Granlund to Houston
The Minnesota Wild announced on Tuesday that they have reassigned forward Mikael Granlund to the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.
Granlund, 21, collected six points (1g, 5a) in 19 games with Minnesota this season and registered a goal in his NHL debut vs. Colorado on Jan. 19.
The 5-foot-10, 186-pound native of Oulu, Finland, has also recorded 21 points (eight goals, 13 assists) in 21 games with the Aeros this season. He was named the CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month for October after scoring 3-7-10 and a plus-5 rating in seven games.
Granlund was Minnesota's first-round pick (ninth overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
- Bears rookie Bowey has come a long way
- Marlies-Bears Game 4 on SiriusXM
- AHL Morning Skate: May 26
- Bears dismantle Marlies, go up 3-0
- Ex-Bear Carrick thriving in Toronto
- Marlies hope resiliency will come in handy
- AHL Morning Skate: May 25
- Monsters roll to 3-0 series lead