Wolves add Matsumoto
The San Jose Sharks have loaned center Jon Matsumoto to the Chicago Wolves, it was announced Monday.
Matsumoto has tallied 14 goals, 18 assists and 32 points in 60 games with the American Hockey League’s Worcester Sharks this year.
The 26-year-old forward is in his sixth full professional season and has amassed 138 goals, 175 assists and 313 points in 452 career AHL games with Philadelphia/Adirondack, Charlotte, San Antonio and Worcester.
The Ottawa, Ont., native also has posted 10 goals, 18 assists and 28 points in 41 career Calder Cup Playoff matches, which includes pacing San Antonio with three goals, six assists and nine points in five Western Conference Quarterfinal games against the Wolves last year.
Matsumoto also has appeared in 14 career National Hockey League outings with Carolina and Florida, recording two goals and four penalty minutes.
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa
- Attitude Czech
- Drouin nets winner in pro debut
- Caps prospect Carrick has bright future