Wolves add Matsumoto
The San Jose Sharks have loaned center Jon Matsumoto to the Chicago Wolves, it was announced Monday.
Matsumoto has tallied 14 goals, 18 assists and 32 points in 60 games with the American Hockey League’s Worcester Sharks this year.
The 26-year-old forward is in his sixth full professional season and has amassed 138 goals, 175 assists and 313 points in 452 career AHL games with Philadelphia/Adirondack, Charlotte, San Antonio and Worcester.
The Ottawa, Ont., native also has posted 10 goals, 18 assists and 28 points in 41 career Calder Cup Playoff matches, which includes pacing San Antonio with three goals, six assists and nine points in five Western Conference Quarterfinal games against the Wolves last year.
Matsumoto also has appeared in 14 career National Hockey League outings with Carolina and Florida, recording two goals and four penalty minutes.
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Bruins survive, advance to round two
- AHL Morning Skate: May 8
- Bruins bid to finish comeback
- Former coach excited by Crunch's chances
- Kings plan for Morris to return to Monarchs
- Sill seizing playoff spotlight
- Schedules announced for potential East semis