Wolves sign Negrin
The Chicago Wolves announced Monday that they have signed defenseman John Negrin.
The 23-year-old blueliner split the 2011-12 campaign between the American Hockey League’s Abbotsford Heat and St. John’s IceCaps, posting four assists and 18 penalty minutes in 40 games. He also recorded five assists and six points in nine ECHL tilts with Utah last year.
Overall, the Vancouver, B.C., native accumulated five goals, 20 assists and 25 points in 109 career AHL outings. He also made his National Hockey League debut in three games with the Calgary Flames in 2008-09, collecting an assist.
- Callahan looks 'to be great every night' for Griffins
- Guerin, Weinrich named All-Star honorary captains
- Return to hockey ideal for Ilya Bryzgalov
- Pickard opens eyes in Colorado
- Phantoms tie record with 3 goals in :21
- Vasilevskiy gives Bolts glimpse of future
- Nelson gets his opportunity
- AHL Board OK's purchase of Texas Stars