Wolves sign Pinizzotto
The Chicago Wolves have signed center Steve Pinizzotto.
Pinizzotto has not appeared in any games since the 2010-11 season due to injury. He set career-highs with 17 goals, 42 points and 178 penalty minutes in 68 American Hockey League games with the Hershey Bears in 2010-11. His 17 markers and 42 points ranked sixth on Hershey, while his 178 penalty minutes paced the Bears.
Overall, the 28-year-old forward has amassed 34 goals, 64 assists, 98 points and 379 penalty minutes in 210 career AHL outings with Hershey spanning five seasons (2006-11). He also has posted 17 points (10g, 7a) and 80 penalty minutes in 53 postseason tilts with the Bears and was a part of Hershey’s 2009 and 2010 Calder Cup championship teams.
The Mississauga, Ont., native signed as a free agent with the Vancouver Canucks on July 3, 2011.
- Senators' game rounding back into shape
- Rookie Hudon makes it look easy
- Canucks, Islanders make trade
- Pastrnak youngest in both AHL and NHL
- Sissons set for super sophomore season
- Checkers to return to Coliseum in 2015-16
- AHL announces suspension
- Hellebuyck named Player of the Week