by Alex Leavitt || AHL On The Beat Archive
- My whole life is in the hands of Clayton Stoner, who just left the rink with my wallet, my keys and my cell phone which I left in his car. I don’t know if he actually stole my wallet, my keys and cell phone because I’d beaten him six times in a row in ping pong or not. I’m basically undefeated at his house, and I think he’s a little bitter. Stoney, if you read this on the Internet, let’s bury the hatchet and move on. It’s just ping pong.
- We’re going Halloween costume shopping today. I’m not really sure what I’m going to look for. I like Halloween. I think Halloween should happen every other weekend. If I was president, it’s the first thing I would change. I’m trying to think of something original, maybe Superman or Batman. Last year I was Batman though. I wore a tight latex Batman suit that was way too revealing. I didn’t get a lot of phone numbers that night.
- This team definitely has its fair share of goalies. It’s a first to see four goalies walking around the locker room. Goalies are always oddballs anyways. But this team’s weird enough. We’ve got our fair share of strange cats, but you bring in four goalies, and it’s a circus. You don’t know what anyone’s talking about, it’s just a bunch of gibberish in here.
- It’s hot. I went from 150 pounds to 135 today. It makes it a little unfair when you’re playing against big guys like that. Maybe we can use it to our advantage. We’ve got a couple of teams from up north coming in, I’m sure they’ll be sweating buckets and it’ll be hard to breathe.
- I just talked to the coach/GM (Davis Payne) in (ECHL)
a few days ago. I was inquiring about where my championship ring is. It’s my main concern. He said it’ll be here in a few weeks. I’ve heard stories about rings that have just gone missing mysteriously through the mail so I’m going to stay in touch on a frequent basis until I get it. I know it’s Double-A hockey, but it was quite an accomplishment for a team from Alaska that basically almost folded four years earlier and was for sale on eBay to come back and win a championship. Alaska
- There was some déjà vu around the rink this week. Mr. Tetarenko, Joey, had an unfortunate accident at the gym this week. He was on an abdominal ball working out and it exploded. It was kind of weird to see that, because the same thing happened to me six years ago. I was working out, which I know was a miracle in itself. I was actually in the gym on a ball and it exploded. I had a 45-pound dumbbell in my hands and I dropped it on my face. I told the story a few years later in school, and all my teachers looked at me and said that really explained a lot.
- This blog thing is kind of cool. I hear a lot of players nationwide are doing it now. But I don’t want to take credit for starting it. I remember Danny Irmen did it in
camp. I think he deserves a little bit of credit, too. Minnesota