B’s save season as Camper stuns Bears late

Game 4

Carter Camper‘s third goal of the game with 1:04 left helped Providence stave off elimination one more time and force their conference quarterfinal series to the limit with a 5-4 win over Hershey at Giant Center on Sunday.

The Bruins scored twice in the final 2:34 of regulation after the Bears appeared poised to wrap up the series. The wild third period saw the teams combine for six goals and 35 shots.

The winner-take-all Game 5 will be Wednesday night at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence (7 ET, AHL Live).

After Hershey had scored first in each of the first three games of the series, Camper got Providence on the board first in Game 4, redirecting Matt Bartkowski‘s centering feed past Philipp Grubauer at 8:01 of the opening period.

Former Bear Graham Mink made it 2-0 Bruins just over four minutes later, burying a rebound of a Jordan Caron shot on a Providence power play.

Joey Crabb cut the deficit to 2-1 with a power-play goal 1:58 into the second period, dishing off to Ryan Potulny behidn the net and then getting the return pass in front and beating Niklas Svedberg.

That score held up into the third period until Crabb scored his second goal of the night, redirecting Julien Brouillette‘s shot from the right-wing side at 3:42 to tie it up at 2-2.

At 8:10 of the third, Grubauer got a piece of Jordan Caron‘s shot but couldn’t find the rebound, and Camper buried the loose puck for his second goal of the night and a 3-2 Providence lead.

Casey Wellman tied it again for the Bears with a drive off a faceoff win at 11:45, and Tom Wilson gave Hershey its first lead of the night at 15:20, swooping in down the left side and scoring his first professional goal off a rebound of a Brouillette shot.

Providence got the break it needed when Nicolas Deschamps took a delay of game penalty for clearing the puck over the glass, and Craig Cunningham took a back-door pass from Torey Krug and slammed home the tying goal with 2:34 remaining.

Camper then stunned the Giant Center crowd with a drive past Grubauer from the center slot, completing his hat trick at 18:56 and giving the Bruins a 5-4 lead.

Hershey pressed in the final minute but could not draw even, and the Bruins held on to make it four wins by road teams in the first four games of the series.

Svedberg finished with 28 saves for Providence; Grubauer stopped 32 shots for Hershey.