Dawes tricks Springfield as red-hot Wolf Pack roll on

Link to Saturday’s boxscores

Nigel Dawes netted a hat trick and added an assist, and Hartford scored a total of four third-period goals on its way to a 6-2 victory over Springfield on Saturday at the Hartford Civic Center. In five games since returning from the New York Rangers, Dawes has tallied 11 points, including five goals. The Wolf Pack have now won four straight and 10 of 12 (10-2-0-0).

Springfield controlled the first half of the game, taking a 1-0 lead at 8:49 of the first period on a goal by Ben Simon.

Jean-Francois Jacques made it 2-0 Falcons with a power play goal at 8:06 of the middle stanza.

The Wolf Pack came back to tie it 2-2 on second-period goals by Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau and Dawes.

The third period was all Wolf Pack. Alex Bourret scored his third goal in the last two games at 5:24, assisted by Dawes, putting Hartford on top to stay.

Lauri Korpikoski followed with his fourth of the year at 7:09, and Dawes scored at 7:42 and 11:42 to complete four unanswered goals by the Wolf Pack.

Hartford rookie goaltender Miika Wiikman made 27 saves on 29 shots to pick up the victory. He has been the winning goaltender in each game of the Wolf Pack’s current four-game winning streak.

Bridgeport scored once in each regulation period and eventually prevailed in a shootout over visiting Lowell, 4-3, at the Arena at Harbor Yard.

Jeff Tambellini led the Sound Tigers in regulation with a goal and an assist. Ben Walter and Joe Rullier also lit the lamp.

Tambellini, Walter, and Jeremy Colliton all scored in the shootout for Bridgeport. Goaltender Mike Morrison picked up the win, making 21 saves through the first 65 minutes and stopping three of four in the shootout.

The Devils received goals in regulation from Olli Malmivaara, Noah Clarke, and Benoit Mondou.

Portland built a 4-1 lead after two periods on its way to a 6-3 win over Worcester at the Cumberland County Civic Center.

Stephen Dixon paced the Pirates with a goal and two assists, and Bobby Ryan scored a pair of goals.

Brian Salcido chipped in with three assists, and goaltender Mike McKenna made 27 saves to pick up the win.

Riley Armstrong, Patrick Traverse, and Dan Spang scored for the Sharks, who are 1-5-0-1 in their last seven contests.

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton scored three times in the shootout to take a 2-1 victory over host Hershey at the Giant Center. The Penguins have matched a season high with their third consecutive victory.

Jeff Taffe, Mark Letestu, and Ryan Stone all tallied shootout goals for the Penguins, while goaltender Ty Conklin turned aside three of Hershey’s four attempts.

Both regulation goals came in the second period. Joe Motzko put the Bears on top at 4:15, and the Penguins’ Taffe tied the score at 10:21.

Conklin and Hershey goaltender Frederic Cassivi finished with an equal number of saves through regulation and overtime, as each turned aside 32 of 33 shots.

Binghamton scored three times in the second period and added four more in the third on its way to a wild 8-5 victory over Norfolk at the Broome County Arena.

Seven players registered multiple points for the Senators, including Lawrence Nycholat (1-3-4), Josh Hennessy (1-2-3), Denis Hamel (2-0-2), and Niko Dimitrakos (0-3-3).

Hamel now has a goal in four straight games (6-0-6) and in seven of his last eight (10-1-11) for the Senators, who are 5-0-1-1 in their last seven games since suffering a five-game losing streak.

Binghamton goaltender Brian Elliott picked up the win with 38 saves on 43 shots.

The Admirals were led by defenseman Dan Jancevski’s two goals. Justin Keller and Karl Stewart tallied a goal and an assist each.

Trevor Lewis scored once in regulation and twice in the shootout, including the decisive attempt in the seventh round, as Manchester held off Rockford by a 3-2 final at the Verizon Wireless Arena.

The Monarchs built a 2-0 lead on the strength of a first period tally by Gabe Gauthier and Lewis’ goal in the second period. Teddy Purcell assisted on both markers.

Petri Kontiola tallied a goal and an assist for the IceHogs, and Troy Brouwer also scored in regulation.

Rockford got out to a 2-0 lead in the shootout, but the Monarchs scored on four of their last five attempts to take the extra standings point.

Providence received goals from five different players in a second-period outburst that propelled the Bruins to a 5-1 victory over visiting Rochester at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.

Martins Karsums led the Bruins with a goal and an assist in the middle stanza. Matt Hendricks, Chris Collins, Pascal Pelletier, and Nate Thompson also scored.

Rochester’s lone goal was scored by Stefan Meyer at 6:27 of the third period.

Providence has now won the first two of its three-game home weekend, all against non-divisional foes. The Bruins defeated Rockford on Friday and will host Albany on Sunday.

Jeff Jillson’s first goal of the season proved to be the game-winner as Lake Erie knocked off Philadelphia, 2-1, at the Quicken Loans Arena.

Jillson, a former first-round draft pick by San Jose who has 140 games of NHL experience, scored at 11:29 of the third period to snap a 1-1 tie.

Lake Erie’s Matt Hussey scored in the first period, and goaltender Tyler Weiman made 45 saves to pick up the win. The Monsters won their season-high third straight game despite being outshot 46-21 in the contest.

Kyle Greentree notched the Phantoms’ lone goal of the evening.

Aaron Rome notched the game-winning goal and added two assists to help Syracuse past Albany, 3-1, at the Onondaga County War Memorial.

Rome’s decisive goal came on the power play at 4:52 of the third period, snapping a 1-1 deadlock.

Zenon Konopka opened the game’s scoring for the Crunch late in the second period, and Trevor Frischmon added an empty-netter in the closing minute.

Syracuse goaltender Adam Munro made 25 saves to pick up the victory.

Defenseman J.D. Forrest scored for the River Rats, whose unbeaten-in-regulation streak came to an end at five games. They went 4-0-0-1 during the streak.

Toby Petersen tallied a goal and two assists as Iowa rallied for a 3-2 victory over league-leading Chicago at the Allstate Arena.

With his club down 2-1 in the third period, Petersen scored at 6:36 to tie the score. Janos Vas then netted his 10th of the season and third in his last three games at 14:11, which proved to be the game-winner.

Junior Lessard also scored for the Stars, and goaltender Tobias Stephan picked up the win with 21 saves.

Brian Fahey and Jesse Schultz lit the lamp for the Wolves, who lost in regulation for only the third time this season (17-3-1-0).

Peoria scored four times in the second period, then had to hold on for a 6-5 victory over host San Antonio at the AT&T Center.

Charles Linglet scored twice in the second period and added an assist in the third to pace the Rivermen’s offense. Ryan Reaves notched a goal and a helper, and Nicholas Drazenovic chipped in with three assists.

The four-goal second period wound up making a winner of goaltender Chris Beckford-Tseu, who made 30 saves on 35 shots.

David Spina and Chris Durno posted a goal and an assist for the Rampage, who attempted a comeback with three third-period goals. Joey Tenute contributed three assists in the losing effort.

Manitoba scored a goal in every period to take a 3-2 road victory over Quad City at the I Wireless Center.

Jason Jaffray led the Moose with a goal and an assist, and Brad Moran tallied the game-winner with just 58 seconds remaining in regulation.

Drew MacIntyre earned the victory for Manitoba with 32 saves on 34 shots.

Krys Kolanos and Brad Cole scored for the Flames, and Grant Stevenson assisted on both goals to run his scoring streak to three games (1-4-5).

Defenseman Jon Awe’s first AHL goal of the season at 1:30 of overtime lifted Houston to a 4-3 victory over visiting Grand Rapids at the Toyota Center.

The Aeros received goals in regulation from Morten Madsen, Joel Ward, and Maxim Noreau. It marked Noreau’s second goal in as many games, and at the time it gave Houston a 3-2 third-period lead.

Grand Rapids’ Evan McGrath tied it at 3-3 with a power play goal at 14:02, which eventually sent the game to overtime.

Jamie Tardif and Ryan Oulahen scored earlier in regulation for the Griffins, who will conclude their three-game weekend with a Sunday tilt in Milwaukee.

Houston goaltender Nolan Schaefer was victorious with 25 saves on 28 shots.