ABBREVIATED RULES FOR ALL POS ELEMENTS:
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase chances of winning. Contest open to legal U.S. residents of NY and PA who are 21 years of age or older at time of registration. See store manager for Official Rules of the Tournament or click here. Additional terms/restrictions apply. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. © 2017 Labatt USA, Buffalo, NY. All Rights Reserved.
OFFICIAL RULES 2017 Labatt Blue AHL Bubble Hockey Tournament of Champions Contest
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win a Prize.
A purchase will not increase chances of winning.
Must be 21 years of age or older at time of registration.
The Tournament is a series of games of skill designed to test your ability in playing an arcade-style bubble hockey game. The Tournament will be conducted in three (3) different cities where American Hockey League (“AHL”) teams are based. The Tournament is provided solely for entertainment purposes and is not for gambling purposes. Any gambling related to the Tournament will not be tolerated, and any Contestant determined by the Tournament Administrators to have engaged in gambling relating to the Tournament, will be immediately disqualified from the Tournament.
Participating AHL teams include the following:
Binghamton Senators (Binghamton, NY)
Hershey Bears (Hershey, PA)
Utica Comets (Utica, NY)
1) The Tournament will feature three (3) rounds including a local qualifying round to take place in a participating AHL-sponsored team city to be determined by the Tournament Administrators (“Qualifying Round”), a team city final (“Team Final”), and an overall final round (“Tournament Finals”).
2) Qualifying Rounds will commence in January 2017.
- a) Dates of Team Finals will vary by city and will be determined once the Qualifying Round for that team city has concluded.
- b) The Tournament Finals will take place in Binghamton, NY on Saturday, April 8, 2017.
- c) For a complete schedule of Tournament games, visit click here.
3) The Tournament is administered by representatives from the AHL, participating AHL team representatives, and Labatt USA Operating Co, LLC (the “Tournament Administrators”). The decisions of the Tournament Administrators and their representatives are final and binding in all matters as they relate to the Tournament or any prize.
4) The Tournament is open to legal US residents of NY and PA who are 21 years of age and older at time of registration. The Tournament is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law or where licensing is required.
- a) The Tournament is not open to employees, officers, directors, and representatives of Labatt USA Operating Co, LLC, the AHL, and AHL member teams, including their respective subsidiaries, sponsors, promotional agencies and members of the immediate families of such employees or representatives and persons with whom such employees and representatives are domiciled. “Immediate family” is defined as parent, child, sibling or any person residing in the same household as, or domiciled with, any such employee or representative.
- b) As used in these Rules, Entrants may be referred to as “Entrant,” “Contestant,” “Player,” or “you.” There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
- c) Contestants can register for a Qualifying Round at a Tournament venue (“Tournament Venue”) in the state where the Contestant resides.
- d) The Tournament Venue at which a Contestant registers will become the “Contestant’s Home Venue.”
- e) For a list of Tournament Venues click here.
- f) Contestants may enter at only one Tournament Venue.
- g) All Contestants must be 21 years of age or older at the time of registration and proof of age and residency may be required as a condition of registration.
- h) A Contestant is permitted to play during the Qualifying Round only at the Contestant’s Home Venue unless the Contestant is required to play at another Tournament Venue as directed by the Tournament Administrators, in their sole discretion.
- i) Registration times will vary by qualifying location and will end approximately 15 minutes prior to commencement of the first game.
- j) Contestants will be randomly placed in a Tournament bracket at the Contestant’s Home Venue.
- k) Each Entrant will be part of a 2-person team. Participants may enter as a 2-person team or as an individual. Individual participants will be paired up to comprise a 2-person team. The Entrant is the individual whose name appears on the Entry submission. The Entrant is the only person eligible to receive any prize with respect to the Entry. Only one (1) Entrant’s name may appear on an Entry submission.
- l) Upon collecting all registrations, the Qualifying Round will begin.
- m) Play will continue in a series of single elimination games until a winner for that Tournament Venue is declared.
- n) In the event of unforeseen delays or a high number of Contestants, a Qualifying Round may be continued to another time at the Tournament Venue, or elsewhere, as determined by the Tournament Administrators.
- o) Entrants are expected to be prepared to play when scheduled and may be required to show proof of identification prior to play. Any Contestant not prepared to play when required may, in the sole discretion of the Tournament Administrators, either (i) lose his/her slot and play at a later time during the Qualifying Round at the Contestant’s Home Venue or, (ii) be disqualified.
- i) If a 2-person team is not present at a scheduled start-time, the Tournament Administrators will move to the next scheduled game and re-call the missing 2-person team’s name at least two (2) times thereafter. After two (2) failed attempts to locate a missing Contestant, that Contestant will be disqualified and the opponent will be declared the winner of that game. Implementation of this rule is at the sole discretion of the Tournament Administrators.
- p) All Contestants are expected to remain at the Tournament Venue and be prepared to play until eliminated from the Tournament.
- q) There will be a minimum of six (6) to eight (8) different Qualifying Rounds in each of the participating AHL cities. The number of Qualifying Rounds in each participating city may vary and the total number of Qualifying Rounds in any participating city will be determined solely by the Tournament Administrators.
5) Team Finals.
- a) The winner (consisting of a 2-person team) from each Tournament Venue (“Venue Winner”) will advance to compete in the Team Finals at a time and location to be determined by the Tournament Administrators. Each Venue Winner will be provided with information as to when the Team Finals are scheduled and an approximate time of play.
- b) Venue Winners will compete at a Team Final at the arena of the host team during an AHL game. Venue Winners may be required to play a quarterfinal round, a semi-final round, and a final round. The dates and times of each round will be communicated to each Venue Winner in advance of the Team Finals. Venue Winners will be placed in a bracket at random and play a single elimination style tournament.
- c) Each Venue Winner is expected to be at the location of the Team Finals thirty (30) minutes prior to commencement of the first game and is expected to remain at the Team Finals until eliminated from the Tournament.
- d) Each Venue Winner is expected to be prepared to play when scheduled, and may be required to show proof of identification prior to play.
- e) Any Venue Winner not prepared to play when required may, in the sole discretion of the Tournament Administrators, either (i) lose his/her slot and play at a later time during the Team Finals or, (ii) be disqualified.
- i) If a Venue Winner is not present at a scheduled start-time, the Tournament Administrators will move to the next scheduled game and re-call the missing Venue Winner’s name at least two (2) times thereafter. After (2) failed attempts to locate a missing Venue Winner, that Venue Winner will be disqualified and the opponent will be declared the winner of that game. Implementation of this rule is at the sole discretion of the Tournament Administrators.
6) Tournament Finals.
- a) Subject to verification of eligibility, one (1) 2-person team from each Team Final (“Team Winner”) will advance to compete in the Tournament Finals in Binghamton, NY on Saturday, April 8, 2017. Any person that was a Team Winner in the 2014, 2015, 2016 Labatt Blue AHL Bubble Hockey Tournament of Champions (“2014 or 2015 or 2016” Team Winner”) is not eligible to participate in the Tournament Finals at the 2017 Labatt Blue AHL Bubble Hockey Tournament of Champions, is not eligible to be named a Team Winner, will be disqualified from any further participation in the Tournament, and will not be entitled to any prize or compensation. In the event that a person is disqualified from the Tournament as a result of being a 2014 or 2015 or 2016 Team Winner, the Team Winner will be, subject to verification of eligibility, the runner up of the Team Final. The foregoing does not disqualify a 2014 or 2015 or 2016 Team Winner from participating in a Qualifying Round or a Team Final.
- b) The Tournament Finals are scheduled for Saturday, April 8, 2016, in Binghamton, NY. Each Team Winner will be notified of an approximate time of play. Each Team Winner is expected to be at the Tournament Finals location one (1) hour prior to the commencement of the first game and is expected to remain at the Tournament Finals until eliminated from the Tournament.
- c) A bracket will be formed with all Team Winners with estimated start times for each round to be played.
- d) A semi-final round will take place during the game’s first intermission and the final games will take place during the second intermission at ice level.
- e) Each Team Winner is expected to be prepared to play when scheduled, and may be required to show proof of identification prior to play. Any Team Winner not prepared to play when required may, in the discretion of the Tournament Administrators, either (i) lose his/her slot and play at a later time during the Tournament Finals or, (ii) be disqualified.
- i) Due to the sudden-death style of play, there is no guarantee of any start or end time of any game. If a Team Winner is not present at a scheduled start-time, the Tournament Administrators will move to the next scheduled game and re-call a Team Winner’s name at least two (2) times. After two (2) failed attempts to locate a missing Team Winner, that Team Winner will be disqualified and the opponent will be declared the winner. Implementation of this rule is at the sole discretion of the Tournament Administrators.
- a) Each Tournament Venue will have at least one table and the total number of 2-person teams will vary from location to location.
- b) The Tournament Administrators will appoint Officials to referee each game. The appointed Officials and/or Tournament Administrators shall have final and complete say over any dispute or any matter relating to each game.
- c) An attempt will be made to be as flexible as possible to accommodate play but the Tournament Administrators and Officials reserve the right to take whatever actions appropriate to move games along.
- d) A typical game is expected to last three (3) to four (4) minutes.
- e) Brackets will be posted at the site with estimated start times for each round. Due to the sudden-death style of play, there is no guarantee as to when any particular game will start or end, and actual game times may be different from the posted game times.
- f) All games will follow the Official I.C.E. Super Chexx Singles Rules of Play.
- i) The first Contestant listed will play to the Official’s right and the second Contestant on the left side of the game. The Official will start play by hitting the start button with scoreboard at 0-0 when both entrants signal they are ready to begin game play.
- ii) There are three (3), sixty (60)-second periods in a game. If regulation time ends in a tie, or a Contestant is losing by one goal, then the game will be played until there is one decisive winner. If the final goal ties the score, then the game goes to sudden death overtime. If one Contestant is ahead by two goals at the end of regulation play, the game is over and the Official will call the game.
iii) The puck must stay in the net and travel down the goal chute, and be registered by the game unit for a goal to be scored.
- iv) Goals that appear to go in the net and bounce out do not count and the Official will not stop play to review any such disputed goal, so Contestants must keep playing at all times.
- v) Goalies may not be moved rapidly from side to side so as to violently shake the ice surface of the game. Contestants will be warned once and may be disqualified, in the Official’s sole discretion, resulting in a loss of that game.
- vi) If a game malfunctions electronically or physically during play, in the Official’s discretion, the game will be replayed from the start regardless of the score.
vii) Physically abusing a game will result in immediate disqualification, resulting in a loss of the game being played. Examples of physical abuse include lifting, shaking, purposely moving the cabinet, unplugging, striking, or kicking.
viii) Contestants are not permitted to stall play by deliberately holding the puck for an extended period of time. A Contestant may request a five (5)-second count from the Official. The Contestant receiving the count must then pass or shoot the puck before the end of five seconds. Failure to do so will result in that Contestant being disqualified from the game, in the sole discretion of the Official.
- a) Each Venue Winner will receive two (2) tickets per player to an AHL game being played on the day of the Team Final and one (1) Labatt Blue branded hockey jersey per player or other wearable selected solely by the Tournament Administrators (the “Venue Prize”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Venue Prize is, or is between, $60.00 and $90.00. Total ARV of all Venue Prizes is dependent on the number of venues and the price of each ticket.
- b) Subject to verification of eligibility, each Team Winner player (2 per team) will receive the following: (i) hotel accommodations for each winning player and guest (single room/double occupancy) for one night at a hotel selected by Tournament Administrators near the Tournament Finals in Binghamton, NY on April 8, 2017; (ii) one (1) $100.00 gasoline gift card per player; and (iii) two (2) tickets to the AHL game in which the Tournament Finals are held per player (4 total) (the “Team Prize”). The ARV of each Team Prize is $290.00 per player ($580 per winning team). The will be a total of three (3) Team Prizes awarded for a total ARV of Team Prizes of $1,740.00.
- c) Subject to verification of eligibility, one (1) winning team of the Tournament Finals (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will win $2,017.00. This will be payable in the form of 2 checks (1 per player per team) in the amount of $1,008.50 each. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $2,017.00.
- d) The Venue Prize, Team Prize, and Grand Prize may be referred to herein as “prize” or “prizes”.
- e) Each Venue Winner, Team Winner, and Grand Prize Winner may be referred to herein as the “Winner” or “Winners”.
- f) Any and all other costs and expenses not specifically mentioned herein including, but not limited to, transportation, parking, tolls, amenities, fuel, hotel, meals, beverages, room service, upgrades, all taxes, insurance, and personal expenses, are each Winner’s responsibility to pay. Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Tournament Administrators do not provide tax advice. Participants and Winners are encouraged to contact their own advisor regarding potential tax implications, if any, of this contest. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the card issuer.
- g) Tournament Administrators reserve the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value or with a company check in the amount of the ARV for the prize. Components of a prize, if any, are to be used at the same time and no refunds or value will be provided if any component of a prize is not or cannot be used, or is otherwise declined. In the event there is any difference between the actual value of a prize and the ARV, no refund for any difference will be provided. No alcohol is being awarded as a prize.
- a) The Tournament Administrators and or Officials reserve the right at any time to disqualify any Contestant from the Tournament for exhibiting unruly behavior, disruptive behavior, unsportsmanlike behavior, cheating, and/or any other conduct deemed inappropriate by Tournament Administrators in their sole discretion.
- b) The names and address (city and state) of all prize winners will be posted online following the Tournament.
- c) Each prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and return same, properly executed, within the time specified by the Tournament Administrators. All federal, state and other taxes are the responsibility of each individual prize winner. A prize winner must provide his/her social security number and will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for prizes valued in excess of $600.00.
- d) Entry into the Tournament constitutes permission for the Tournament Administrators to use the Contestant’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice and address (city and state) for publicity and promotional purposes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without notice or further compensation.
- e) By participating, Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Tournament Administrators and waive any right to claim ambiguity with regard to the interpretation of the Official Rules.
- f) In the absence of a Tournament Administrator at any game, the Official assigned to a game will be the final decision-maker relating to any and all disputes occurring during such game and such decisions will be final. At any time, a Tournament Administrator present at a game may delegate his/her authority or responsibility to resolve disputes during such game to an Official, and the decisions of such Official shall be final.
- g) All Contestants, as a specific condition of participation in the Tournament, agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Tournament Administrators and their respective affiliates and directors, officers, employees and agents, from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or enjoyment of any prize awarded in the Tournament or from participation in the Tournament.
- h) The Tournament is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the logistics of the Tournament will be disqualified The Tournament Administrators are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any printing, technical or human error which may occur during the Tournament. Tournament Administrators assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay with regard to the Tournament. The Tournament Administrators are not responsible or liable for any loss, damage, inconvenience, or loss of time arising out of any acts, omissions, or negligence, of any person, including, without limitation, transportation carriers and any person providing any service or accommodation in conjunction with any component of a Prize awarded, or for delays and cancellations including, but not limited to those resulting from mechanical breakdown, closings, strikes, government action, inclement weather, or Acts of God.
- i) Any litigation commenced as a result or consequence of participation in the Tournament shall be governed by New York law and resolved in courts sitting in Monroe County, New York. Any judgment or award in favor of a Contestant shall be limited to such Contestant’s actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate in the Tournament and, in no event, shall include attorney fees. All Entrants waive any claims to the Tournament Administrators for punitive, incidental and consequential damages. BY PARTICIPATING, EACH CONTESTANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT HE/SHE MAY BRING A CLAIM AGAINST THE TOURNAMENT ADMINISTRATORS ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS ONLY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING.
- j) With regard to any prize awarded, the Tournament Administrators make no express or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- k) The Tournament is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
- l) The Tournament Administrators at all times have the right to cancel or suspend all or part of the Tournament, for any reason, in their sole discretion.
- m) In the event that these Official Rules conflict with any other rules, these Official Rules shall be binding.
- o) If for any reason a Winner cannot travel to or attend the Qualifying Round, Team Final, and/or the Tournament Finals, that person may, in the sole discretion of the Tournament Administrators, be disqualified from the Tournament and will not be eligible for any prize.