Travis Morin (C)
||Brooklyn Park, MN
Drafted: Washington, 9th Round (263rd Overall) in 2004
AHL Debut: November 7, 2007 at Norfolk Admirals
First Career AHL Point: April 12, 2009 vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Assist, 5-4 Loss)
- An original Texas Star who has played in each season since the franchise’s inception in 2009.
- Named the fourth captain in franchise history on September 18, 2015.
- Tallied 133 career points (58 goals, 75 assists) in 151 collegiate games for Minnesota State University-Mankato from 2003-2007. Recorded 60 career points (26 goals, 34 assists) in 80 games for the USHL’s Chicago Steel from 2001-2003.
- Signed a two-year contract extension with the NHL’s Dallas Stars on January 23, 2015.
- Named to the ECHL All-Star Game in 2007 and 2008.
- Won the ECHL’s 2009 Kelly Cup with the South Carolina Stingrays, beating the Alaska Aces in seven games.
- Named to the AHL All-Star Classic in 2011 and 2014.
- In 2013-14 won the Les Cunningham Award as the AHL’s Most Valuable Player, the John B. Sollenberger Award as the regular season scoring leader, and the Jack A. Butterfield Award as the Calder Cup Playoffs’ Most Valuable Player.
- Tied the franchise single-game record for points (5) and assists (4) in a game on January 17, 2014 at Charlotte Checkers.
- Holds the franchise career records for regular season games played, goals, assists, points, power play goals, and power play assists. Plus career playoff goals (16), assists (32), points (48), and power play assists (12).
- Tallied his first career NHL point with an assist on March 14, 2014 vs. Calgary Flames.
- Scored his first goal of the season on October 25, 2015 at Iowa in a 4-1 win.
- Recorded the 550th point of his pro career on November 25, 2015 at the San Diego Gulls in a 5-3 win.
- Tallied the 250th assist of his Texas Stars career on December 2, 2015 vs. the Rockford IceHogs in a 6-5 overtime loss.
- Appeared in the 600th game of his pro career on December 13, 2015 at San Antonio in a 3-2 win.
- Appeared in the 450th game of his AHL career on January 5 at the Ontario Reign in a 3-2 (OT) loss.
- Selected to the 2016 AHL All-Star Classic.
- Tallied the 400th point of his AHL career on February 5, 2016 at San Antonio in a 5-2 loss. Tallied his 400th point as a Texas Star the following night in a 4-3 vs. San Antonio.