Derek Nesbitt (LW)
LAST SEASON | 2010-11
• Began the season with Gwinnett (ECHL) and recorded 18 points (8g, 10a) in just 11 games to be named ECHL Player of the Month for October.
• Signed to a PTO by Peoria on 11/12/10 and recorded a goal and assist in his Rivermen debut on 11/13/10 vs. Houston.
• Recorded eight points (3g, 5a) in his first eight games with Peoria and was signed to an AHL contract on 12/21/10.
• Scored four goals, and added an assist, on 1/5/11 in 7-4 win vs. San Antonio. It was his first career AHL hat trick and career-highs in both goals and points.
• Was injured on 2/5/11 at Chicago after being struck in the nose with a puck. Missed seven games and finished with 16 points (2g, 14a) in final 19 games.
2009-10: Invited to training camp by the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL) and began the season with the Rockford IceHogs and appeared in 23 games at the AHL level. Also spent 37 games in the ECHL with the Toledo Walleye. Finished sixth on the team in points with 33 points (11g, 22a) despite the fact that he appeared in just 37 games with the Walleye. 2008-09: Signed as a free agent by the Phoenix Coyotes (NHL) on 7/2/08. Played in 49 games for AHL San Antonio registering 15 points (6G, 9A) along with six penalty minutes and was reassigned to AHL Manitoba on 3/11/09. Appeared in five regular season games with Manitoba as well as one playoff game for the eventual 2009 Western Conference Champions. Played in his 100th career AHL game on 3/21/09. 2007-08: Began the season with Gwinnett (ECHL). Appeared in 26 games for the Gladiators recording 11 goals and 28 assists for 39 points with four PIM. Notched a point in 13 of 14 games from 11/22/07 to 12/22/07 during which he registered 10 multi-point games in that stretch (4G, 22A, 26pts). Loaned to Rockford and signed a PTO on 12/26/07. Made his AHL debut on 12/26/07 at Peoria. Scored his first career AHL goal and added an assist the next day (12/27/07) in Chicago. Notched his 200th career point with an assist on 2/1/08 at Peoria. Appeared in 12 playoff games for the Rockford Icehogs. Scored his first AHL postseason goal, a game-winner, on 4/22/08 at Houston. 2006-07: Member of the 2007 Kelly Cup champion Idaho Steelheads (ECHL). Played in 66 regular season games as well as 22 playoff contests for Idaho. Recorded a total of 99 points (36G, 63A) and 40 PIM on the year. 2005-06: Began his professional hockey career with ECHL Gwinett. Appeared in 71 regular season contests along with 17 post-season games on the season. Made his pro debut with the Gladiators on 10/21/05 vs. Charlotte. Recorded his first professional point (assist) at Pensacola on 10/22/05. Notched his first pro goal on 11/5/05 at Greenville. Tallied a hat trick on 3/25/06 at Pensacola. NCAA: Played four seasons (2001-05) of collegiate hockey at Ferris State University in the Central Collegiate Hockey League. Appeared in 154 games with FSU recording 59 goals and 82 assists for 141 points along with 122 PIM. Helped FSU win the 2003 CCHA League Championship during his sophomore season.